The glass ceiling games is a cathartic feminist punk AR game
Slay everyday sexism, boss up the ranks of a skyscraper called The System and smash the glass ceiling to a Riot Grrrl-inspired electropunk soundtrack!
In a Buffy The Vampire Slayer meets the Olympic Games augmented reality experience, you let out your rage by mastering a new fantasy anti-sexist sport each level.
The game starts outside The System skyscraper where you 🗣️ slingshot catcalls for freedom. You then move inside the building, climbing higher as you 🥊 box stereotypes for money, 🍆 machete unsolicited dick pix for joy, 🏏 bat emotional labour for freedom and 🤾♀️ throw babies in baskets labelled ‘man’s work’ for money, before reaching the conference room at the top where you 🔫 raygun mansplains for joy, smash the domed glass ceiling and collect your total haul of 🤘 freedom, 💰 money and 😃 joy points! You can then replay to try and beat your previous score!
The game's inspired by personal experiences of sexism and features:
- Immersion in a fantasy world where you have superpowers you might wish you had in the real world.
- 6 augmented reality levels that embed the digital game world in your real world environment, whether playing inside or outside.
- An iconographic cartoon neon art style where unsolicited dick pix are represented as phallic foodstuffs and mansplains as troll heads.
- An original electropunk soundtrack by Go Fallopian! with each level lasting the approximate 2:30-minute length of each track.
- Cathartic, reverse power fantasy mechanics that feature a different anti-sexist sport and challenge each level.
- Replayability to beat your, or your friends, previous haul of freedom, money and joy.
- Dark humour to make an unapologetic, feminist punk point!
The game's being developed by Story Juice; sign up to the mailing list below to keep in touch!